So you post something on Facebook, try a tweet now and then, but nothing happens… in the plethora of platforms, you just have no clue where to start. Dynasty Marketing Group believes it is important to understand your customer and target the social media platforms they use on a daily basis.
Finding the right social platform
You need to find the social platforms your target audience uses. Otherwise, you won’t be able to reach the right people. Below are a few ways to find out what these platforms are:
- Ask your customers what social media they use. That might be Twitter or Snapchat, but can also be Yelp or Meetup.com, depending on your type of business. Simply ask your customers and see what response you get. If you have hundreds of customers a week, this is probably not the best course of action.
- Simply start using a certain social platform. And see what happens. Try everything, keep track of the results, and stop doing the things that don’t work for your business after a couple of months. Don’t give up the next day, but set a goal for yourself and see if you can achieve that.
Measure your social media efforts
Keeping track of followers and reach gives you an indication of how well your strategy is working. Focus on the numbers that tell you something about engagement, to see what social networks do indeed help you build your community.
- Facebook Insights: Get 30 likes, and Insights will be available. After 100 likes on your page, you can even compare your numbers to the competition.
- Twitter Analytics: See who your influencers are: the people that like your tweets and have a nice following of their own. Find local influencers and get acquainted with them: ask them to tweet about you now and then.
- Iconosquare for Instagram: As there still is no proper analytics for Instagram from Instagram, I rely on Iconosquare for that. Use it to find the best time to post, and see what kind of content works best for your business.
Contact Dynasty Marketing Group if you need help coming up with a Social Media plan that will help you turn social sharing into sales!