Understanding Inbound Links
Dynasty Marketing Group helps you understand why Google values links so highly and can help you assess the strength or weakness of your own link profile. Contact DMG to help you determine your link acquisition strategy.
Since the ascent of Google as the world’s #1 search engine, links have been the primary concern of most SEO practitioners. The seminal idea behind Google’s ranking technology makes it clear that inbound links are the primary vehicle by which Google discovers new pages and websites on the Internet, and they’re the primary way Google assesses the credibility of a given website.
Google’s emphasis on links is the most significant area of overlap between its organic and local ranking algorithms. According to the experts of the Local Search Ranking Factors survey, links make up the biggest piece of the pie in localized organic results. They’re the #1 competitive difference-maker across all types of local results.
Google’s robots, or “spiders,” crawl the Internet by “clicking” one link after another after another. They discover new pages and websites as part of that crawl, and store the content of each of those pages in a giant database.
In addition to storing the content of each page, Google also stores how its crawlers arrived on the page. In other words, it remembers the pages and websites that were linking to it. A link from one site to another is like a vote or endorsement for the credibility of the second website.
Inbound Linking Strategy Summarized
- Inbound links pointing from other websites to your website are critical to establish the credibility of your business in Google’s eyes.
- Build links as if Google didn’t even exist – links that will bring you customers in addition to rankings.
- Assess your existing link profile, and the profiles of your competitors with aHrefs. Pay special attention to DR (Domain Rank or authority) and the number of referring domains.
- Seek out industry-relevant and locally-relevant links from groups and websites with which you already have an offline relationship.
- Ask for introductions from colleagues, friends, and family to key influencers who write for industry and local publications.
Dynasty Marketing Group will analyze and assess your SEO and link building strategy. Contact us for a free website analysis and consultation!